Drug testing is a type of screening being employed in many processes and transactions. Aside from job application, you may also be asked to undergo urine or oral saliva drug test when you apply for a license or certain types of visa. The options for drug screening depend on what the institution will allow. Get detailed info about swab drug test visit on confirm bio sciences.
If given the chance, most people prefer oral saliva drug test because many find blood and urine drug screening inconvenient and uncomfortable.
- You have to pee even if you do not feel like doing it. To make things more uncomfortable, there are instances when you have to produce the specimen with someone at a certain distance, not necessarily watching but making sure it really is your urine sample.
- Many people do not like being pricked with needles. They find it scary and/or painful. The sight of blood also makes them faint too.
- Both blood and urine drug tests need to be administered in a facility.
Oral saliva drug test, on the other hand, is easy. A sterile swabbed is inserted in between the cheek and lower jaw and taken out 3 minutes after. The swab will then be inserted into the chamber and saliva will run up the test strips. Depending on the kit you are using, you can read the results within minutes.
In order to ensure the accuracy of the result, below are things to bear in mind:
- There are medications that can affect the oral saliva drug test result, especially if they are for maintenance.
- Some ingredients can yield positive results. For instance, you will be positive for opioids if you eat food with poppy seeds.
These things should be discussed prior to undergoing oral saliva drug test to give the person administering the screening a heads up.